Geneva: The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared a serious emergency after the devastating earthquake in Myanmar caused heavy devastation. The World Health Organization has called for raising eight million dollars in aid in the next thirty days. The news agency gave this information.
According to the WHO, 3,400 people have been injured in the earthquake so far. There is a huge shortage of medical equipment and surgery facilities in the country, which has increased the risk of infection and diseases. In its emergency appeal, the WHO said that eight million dollars of aid is needed in the next 30 days to prevent the spread of diseases and save lives.
The risk of spreading diseases has increased: WHO
The World Health Organization on Friday declared the earthquake in Myanmar as a grade-3 crisis. This is the top level of the WHO’s emergency response framework. WHO’s initial investigations in Myanmar found that the earthquake has caused a large number of casualties and injuries, which is in urgent need of emergency medical services. Disruptions in power and water supply have made access to health services difficult and increased the risk of the spread of waterborne and foodborne diseases.
WHO said that injuries such as bone fractures, deep wounds and trauma syndrome are at increased risk of infection and other complications, as surgical facilities are limited and infection prevention measures are not adequate.
©2025 Agnibaan , All Rights Reserved